O-ring cord is an extruded profile with a circular cross-section that is manufactured under strict tolerance control to obtain a quality product, and in the most demanded O-ring sections (d2).
O-ring cords allow the manufacture of virtually any seal size without the need to invest in expensive moulding tooling. Once the required length of cord is known, it is cut and the ends are glued with glue or by hot vulcanisation.
This is an excellent solution for static sealing which allows O-rings to be installed at the required size of any equipment (up to several metres in diameter).
The variety of materials is great :
- Acrylonitrile / butadiene rubber (NBR) and hardness from 60 to 90 Shore A.
- Fluorinated rubber (FPM) or Viton™ and a hardness of 60 to 90 Shore A.
- Silicone rubber (methylvinyl VMQ) and hardness from 60 to 85 Shore A.
- Ethylene/propylene/diene terpolymer (EPDM) and hardness from 60 to 75 Shore A.
- Chloroprene rubber (CR) and hardness from 60 to 75 Shore A.
- Hydrogenated acrylonitrile rubber (H-NBR) and hardness from 60 to 90 Shore A.
- Tetrafluoroethylene and Propylene (FEPM) or Aflas® and hardness from 60 to 90 Shore A.
- Sponge materials: CR, NBR, EPDM and VMQ.
- Virgin PTFE.
Some of these elastomer materials have the certifications required by the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, health and hygiene, medical, biotechnology, chemical, petrochemical, gas, aeronautics and electronics industries, among others.
We have sections (d2) from 1 mm to 30 mm in stock, and we supply other sections on request.